Tor Tray 0.9.6 – Open Source Unofficial Simple GUI for TOR
This application is a simple loader for Tor (An anonymous Internet communication system), if you don't have Tor or don't know what is Tor then checkout it out first.
What is Tor Tray;
Tor Tray is a simple application (C++) which enables you to load TOR in the tray and see messages, start / stop it easily. This is a very simple, quick and dirty work but it looks nice in tray and works. It developed 01.01.2005, I just have time to release / share it.
Uses about 2 - 2,5 MB in memory and 35 KB footprint.
- Download TorTray.zip ( http://ferruh.mavituna.com/tortray/TorTray.zip - 20KB)
MD5 : 5AE3F8B806265BA8AB09CA4E1D138300
- Extract TorTray.exe into Tor installation folder (default path is c:\Program Files\Tor)
Tor.exe and independent DLLs should be same folder with Tor Tray
- Just run it,
by default it loads Tor in the background automatically
- Windows 9x/NT/XP/2003 etc.
- TOR should be installed (Download Tor)
Download Source Code;
- Download Source Code ( 55KB )
MD5 : A1FD5F66E3CBF7BB94ACC358A7583C69
- Coded in C++
- Source Code include VS.NET 2000 Project Files
- LIBCTINY.LIB is optional you can remove it, also you can download library source code (check out comments in source code)
- Binary release packed with UPX
Is there any other good GUI for Windows?
As far as I know simply No, But there is a good GUI competition is running on TOR official website. I developed this application before this competition just for fun, and I was no idea about Control Protocol of Tor, so this app simply use Tor console output for some dummy messages.
- Ferruh Mavituna - Contact Information